Trademark Registration in UAE
Morbi non malesuada augue, viverra congue mi. Aliquam dictum enim ut nisl pellentesque viverra. Ut vel aliquam diam.
LET US HELP YOU
Call us: +91 9313-454647
Trademark Registration in UAE
Trademark is a brand name, image or logo that utilized by the makes to recognize their products and ventures that are legitimately enrolled or built up. It tends to be a name, word, signature, letter, figure, drawing, image, title, charge stamp, seal, picture, engraving, notice, or whatever other blend that is expected to be utilized.
Service of Economic is capable in Trademark enlistment in United Arab Emirates (UAE). Trademark is substantial for all the seven emirates (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Umm Al quwain, Ras Al khaima, Al Ain and Fujairah).
A trademark enrollment is legitimate for a long time in the UAE further augmentation needs extra charges, and the enlistment can be restored for a similar period. Enlisted trademark will be under legitimate security in UAE during a long time since the date of authentic TM enrollment.
Benefits of UAE Trademark Registration
- Can help to protect your business identity.
- Protecting you for using the similar trademark
- “Concrete Proof” of your legally protected rights
- It removes the need to rely on “common law” rights (passing off)
- Registration protects against others who trade in the same, but defective goods/services.
Documents required for Trademark Registration in UAE
- Application form
- Sample of trademark design (brand name)
- Confirmation of official fee payment
- Trading license
- Power of attorney
- List of goods and services to be protected
- ID or passport of person who will sign application
- Contact details of the applicant
Process of Trademark Registration in UAE
Legalstartup.in aims for transparency in its services, so clients know how we deliver results. If you want to know how to register a trademark in UAE, the application process includes the following steps:
- The application for registration of the trademark is filed at the Ministry of Economy.
- The Ministry of Economy gives its decision on the application within 30 days from the date of submission.
- If the Ministry of Economy approves a trade mark, it shall be announced in its bulletin and two Arabic newspapers before the registration at the expense of the applicant.
- Any interested person can file an objection to the registration of the trademark by submitting a written objection to the Ministry of Economy within 30 days from the date of the last announcement. If anyone files an objection, the Ministry of Economy notifies the applicant with a copy of objection to his application within 15 days from the receipt of such an objection.
- If there is no objection raised, the registration is finalised. Upon registration, the trademark owner is given a certificate containing:
- registration number of the trademark in the UAE;
- date of application and registration;
- trade name or the owner’s name, nationality and place of residence
- copy of the trademark; and
- description of the products, goods or services that come under the trademark.
The estimated timeframe for the registration of a trademark in the UAE is between 4 to 6 months. The actual timeframe will depend upon the facts of each application for registration.
For the trademarks authorship could not be legally fixed, because application for trademark registration should be submitted to the UAE Ministry of Economy only be legal entities (companies and organizations).
As a owner of trademark (according to United Arab Emirates Federal Law No. 37 of 1992 On Trademarks) could be registered only legal entities (companies and organizations).
Copyright ownership may belong to:
- – private individuals;
- – legal entities or companies;
- – private individuals and legal entities (simultaneously partially ownership).
Yes, the company could be rightholder of copyright work, and the contract between author and company should be signed in accordance with United Arab Emirates Federal Law Concerning Copyrights and Neighboring Rights
There are costs for intellectual property registration in UAE:
- – one trademark – 6 000 – 10 000 USD
- – one copyright – 4 000 USD
Registration of trademark or copyright object in UAE is voluntary right of author (or rightholder). But in case of using trademark or copyright objects on the market as a designation of goods/service selling to customers – registration the trademark (or copyright) is mandatory to avoid penalties for cheating and deception of UAE consumers according to UAE Executive Regulation to the Consumer Protection Law.
Registered trademark will be under legal protection in UAE during 10 years since the date of official TM registration. To keep trademark in force after 10 years – owner should pay additional official fess to the UAE Ministry of Economy for further extension. The quantity of extensions for trademarks certificates is not limited.
WHY USE LEGALSTARTUP?
STILL NOT CONVINCED?
Main Office: 310. 3rd Floor, Dwarkadheesh Plaza, Plot No. 1, Dwarka Sec-10, 110075
Branch Office: 431 G/F Near Metro Pillar No 794 Kakrola, Dwarka Mor, Delhi 110078