GeM (Government e-Marketplace) is an online platform launched by the Indian government to facilitate the procurement of goods and services by government departments, organizations, and PSUs. The platform aims to bring transparency, efficiency, and speed in the procurement process by eliminating the traditional tender process and enabling direct procurement from registered sellers. In this blog post, we’ll provide a step-by-step guide on how to register on the GeM portal and how to log in as a buyer or seller.
GeM Registration for Buyer/Seller
- Visit the GeM portal at https://gem.gov.in/ and click on the ‘Register’ button located on the top right corner of the home page.
- Select the appropriate option for registration: ‘Buyer’ or ‘Seller’.
- Fill in the registration form with your personal, business, and bank account details. You’ll also need to upload a digital signature certificate (DSC) and other documents such as PAN card, GST registration, and bank statement.
- Once you’ve completed the registration form, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- After submitting the registration form, you’ll receive a verification email from GeM. Follow the instructions in the email to verify your account.
- After verification, you’ll receive an email with your login credentials (user ID and password).
GeM Login for Buyer/Seller
- Visit the GeM portal at https://gem.gov.in/ and click on the ‘Login’ button located on the top right corner of the home page.
- Enter your user ID and password and click on the ‘Login’ button.
- Once you’ve logged in, you can access your dashboard, view tenders, and participate in auctions (if you’re a seller).
- As a buyer, you can search for products or services, view the details of the product, and place an order.
To register on the GeM (Government e-Marketplace) portal as a buyer or seller, you’ll need to provide various documents to verify your identity and business details. Here’s a list of the documents required for GeM registration:
- Personal Details: Aadhaar Card, Voter ID, Passport, or any other government-issued identity proof
- Business Registration Proof: PAN Card, GST Registration Certificate, or other relevant registration documents
- Bank Account Details: A canceled cheque or bank statement
- Digital Signature Certificate (DSC): Required for signing documents electronically
- Other Supporting Documents: Depending on the type of business you have, you may be required to submit additional documents such as Trade License, Import-Export Code (IEC), Company Registration Certificate, Partnership Deed, etc.
It’s important to note that the above documents may vary based on the category of goods or services you wish to procure or sell on the GeM portal. Therefore, it’s recommended to check the specific requirements before starting the registration process.
Additionally, ensure that all the documents you provide are valid and up-to-date to avoid any delays or rejections in the registration process.
The GeM portal is a useful platform for buyers and sellers to procure or sell goods and services to the Indian government. By following the above steps, you can easily register and log in to the portal as a buyer or seller. It’s important to keep your account details secure and follow the guidelines provided by GeM to ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience on the platform.